Hi there, you’ve found yourself on the Privacy and Cookies Policy page for Little Green Book Events Ltd. Have a read through the below information detailing how we use your data and safeguard your personal information.
Who we are
Little Green Book is a registered Limited Liability company, registered business name Little Green Book Events Ltd.
We operate the website www.littlegreenbookevents.co.uk and all pages within this domain. We also have two social media accounts; Facebook (@littlegreenbookevents) and Instagram (@littlegreenbook_events).
If you’d like to contact us about our privacy and cookies policy, you can email us at: email@example.com.
What personal data we collect
When visiting our website and engaging with our content, we may collect the following information:
- personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences, home address, telephone number
- if you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- for users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile (all users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time, as can website administrators; except they cannot change their username).
- transactional data, such as purchase information and purchase history
- technical data, such as information about cookies and how often you visit our site
- information that you provide to us when joining Little Green Book including name, telephone number, email, address
- information you provide to us when opting in to one of our pop up forms or special offers and giveaways including name, telephone number, email, address
- details and information sent via written or digital correspondence with us over email, text, comments and reviews, whatsapp, social media, or internal messaging on our website
- data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users such as name, email, phone number, address, businesses, business details, business location
- personal data generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
- any other details or information you have provided with us from communication or engagement with our site or social media (Facebook and Instagram)
How we use your personal information
Personal information sent to us through Little Green Book Events Ltd will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant sections of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- conduct admin on our website and our business;
- personalise our website for you to create a better user experience;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you commercial communications via email and internal messaging;
- send you email notifications, freebies, downloads, our newsletter and promotional information that you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you or about you relating to our website, content or suppliers;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud, spam and cyber-attacks;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service)
Why we collect it
Under new GDPR guidelines, the law requires us to outline why we process and store your data.
We only collect details for three reasons:
If you fill out one of our forms such as pop-ups, special offers, giveaways or join us as a member you have submitted your details because you would like us to provide you with a service. That service might be free goods, sharing tips and advice, articles, contacting suppliers on your behalf or contacting suppliers internally. Because of this, we have a legitimate right to securely store your personal data to use appropriately as you have asked us to do so by contacting you with relevant information. In order to provide you with the best service, we process and analyse this data which may include your personal information. If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
If you have a listing with us as a supplier you have agreed to our terms and conditions and by accepting these a contract between Little Green Book Events Ltd and your business is formed. This information includes your personal information such as name, address, email, phone number as well as your business information such as location, name, address, email, social media accounts. In order for us to work with you as a Little Green Book listed supplier, we must process and store this information until it is no longer relevant in order to provide you with our service.
Under the UK and EU law, sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, in rare circumstances we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. Similarly, under law we would be obliged to share your information in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk). We may also share your information to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are contemplating selling; and to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
When submitting personal information and details to us, you are agreeing to giving us your consent to use this information as set out above. We will only hold this information so long as it is still relevant, and will destroy it thereafter. You may request at any time a file of the information we hold about you and for us to delete it if you no longer wish to be associated with Little Green Book Events Ltd. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you would like a file of your personal information We will need you to supply us with reasonable evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
If your information changes and you would still like to be associated with Little Green Book Events Ltd, please let us know of any updated information.
Security of Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. By using our site you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet however we do take reasonable steps to store your data securely.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Our website uses SSL which is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browser remain private.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
When uploading media to our site such as profile pictures on your user dashboard or supplier listing photos and videos, please be aware that these media files are viewable to the public and publicly accessible. Little Green Book Ltd reserves the right to use these images or videos for their own promotional use such as across our website and social media accounts for marketing purposes only.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How Cookies are used on our website
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Deleting or Blocking Cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies however blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of Little Green Book. If you block our cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites and you may see things on our website that you wish not to, such as pop-up forms that would have normally only appeared on first visit to our website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Stripe to make payments on Little Green Book. Stripe is a PCI Service Provider Level 1 which is the highest grade of payment processing security. You can rest assured that your donors information is safe and secure.
Where we send your data
As well as the third party tools listed above, our data may be shared with our web-hosting provider, Green Geeks and our cloud storage service, iCloud.
European data protection law requires data about European residents which is transferred outside the European Union to be safeguarded to the same standards as if the data was in Europe. You can read more about how our web hosting service Green Geeks is GDPR compliant here: https://www.greengeeks.com/legal/privacy. And for iCloud, here https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/governance/.
Third Party Marketing Tools
We use third party email marketing tools to track how our website performs to make sure we are constantly improving our offering to you as a customer. Our third party sources cannot identify you. Currently we hold a secure account with marketing service Mailchimp and sign-up form plugin Hustle. We also use Google Analytics to analyse how many visitors come to our site and where they are geographically based. All sources are secure and private and are only to be accessed by Little Green Book Ltd. Our third party marketing sources will never contact you directly or share your data for their own purposes. Your data is only to ever be used by ourselves and we will not share this with any other parties.
Our Social Media Login provider: Nextend Social Login
Privacy information about Nextend Social Login
Nextend Social Login collects data when a visitor register, login or link the account with with any of the enabled social provider. It collects the following data: email address, name, social provider identifier and access token. Also it can collect profile picture and more fields with the Pro Addon’s sync data feature.
- Nextend Social Login stores the personal data on your site and does not share it with anyone except the access token which used for the authenticated communication with the social providers.
- Nextend Social Login use the access token the social provider gave to communicate with the providers to verify account and securely access personal data.
- Nextend Social Login removes the collected personal data when the user deletes it from our website.
- Nextend Social Login use the personal data collected by the social providers to create account on your site when the visitor authorize it.
- Nextend Social Login must create a cookie for visitors who use the social login authorization flow. This cookie required for every provider to secure the communication and to redirect the user back to the last location.
Our Sign-up form provider: Hustle
By default, Hustle captures the IP Address for each conversion. Other personal data such as your name and email address may also be captured, depending on the form fields.
When visitors or users submit a form or view a module, we capture the IP Address for analysis purposes. We also capture the email address and might capture other personal data included in the form fields.
Our Email List Provider: Mailchimp
That’s a wrap!
If you’d like to contact us about our privacy and cookies policy, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.